Thursday 30 December 2010

Challenge Finished - 505.67km

Well that's it, challenge done with a total distance of 505.67km between the 23rd and 30th December.

It's been tougher than I thought it would be, unfortunately, there's been no exotic locations or jetting off for winter training in sunnier climes, instead there's been snow, ice, rain, wind, mud and fog with most of the kilometres covered being cold, wet or both. It's meant being a little bit selfish with my time and several hours of riding after dark to fit the riding around other festive commitments.

In all honesty it's a couple of hundred kilometres further than I would have normally ridden over the period and I think if not for wanting to complete the challenge once I'd started I would have been tempted to cut a few of the rides short especially when there was still snow and ice on the roads.

On the plus side I do feel it's done my fitness some good and despite eating lots of festive fayre I've managed not to put on any weight over the period. The challenge for me now is to keep getting in the winter miles and hope it translates into that mythical good form in the spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment