Wednesday 29 December 2010

Day 7 - 109.03km

Another misty day with on and off rain all morning, my legs were feeling a bit sluggish after the last few days and after riding small muddy country lanes yesterday I thought I'd stick to some better surfaced roads. My route took me through Wokingham and over to Windsor before heading back home through Eton and Maidenhead.

With the mist and the rain I only took one photo to give an idea of the conditions, the roads are now completely clear of snow and with many people still off work and hitting the shops it seemed pretty traffic free away from the town centres.


I was hoping to complete the challenge today but after checking the totals I'm still around 40km short so it looks like I'll be heading out again tomorrow.

The improvement in the road conditions and a fairly flat route helped bump up the average speed compared to rides earlier in the week. Total ride time was just under 4h 30 with 109.03km covered at an average speed of around 25 kph.
Full Garmin ride stats are here - Festive Challenge Day 7

1 comment:

  1. Living in Los Angeles, I had it easy. Congratulations on your effort.

    ReplyDelete