Friday 24 December 2010

Day 2 - 48.44km

I wasn't sure I'd get a chance to get out on the road bike today as I had various places/people to visit with the family but I did what is probably familiar to many cyclists who have a wife and children, the "Why don't I ride the bike? You can go in the car and I'll meet you there?"

Anyway, it got me a couple of hours late afternoon so I put the lights on the bike and had the chance to add just short of 50km to the total so far.


Off the main roads it's still like sheet ice in many places, I decided to give the one in the photo a miss and take the longer route home.


Merry Christmas!


Total ride time was just over 2h 9mins with 48.44km covered at an average speed of around 23 kph.


Full Garmin ride stats are here - Festive Challenge Day 2

I'm not sure I'll get to ride on Christmas Day, I'm trying to negotiate that I'll ride to the in laws for lunch but I think it's going to depend on whether I've done a good job at chosing presents, we'll see :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment